Jun 23, 2012
Jun 17, 2012
So in three days I leave for my month long trip to the United States. I've been itching to travel again since my last big trip in 2010. This trip will be a great experience as It's been forever since I've been on a family holiday and this might be the last for a while. As we get older it gets harder and harder to organise trips like this, finding a time that fits in with everyones schedules, everybody having enough money for flights and hotels. I get to finally reconnect with my mothers side of the family that we haven't seen for 12 years because of the distance. I bet they will be shocked to see us girls all grown up since the last time they saw us we were snotty nosed kids. I'm so excited to be lucky enough to share this experience with George this will be the first time we travel together. I'm looking forward to sightseeing and jumping on the hotel beds with him. I'm also hoping this trip will help with my school work as well. I have been in a creative rut for some time and I'm praying that I will finally get some inspiration for next semester. This is my second time to the states and there is alot of stuff I want to do that I didn't get to do first time round mainly in New York. I start in Chicago then Washington, Ohio, New York, San Fran, LA If anyone has any suggestions for fun things to do in any of these places I would love to hear them.
Jun 10, 2012
I leave for the states soon just under two weeks. Time to get my pack on , I personally love packing and making packing lists. This one is going to be quite tricky as I have to pack for a month and since I am on a very tight budget I don't get the luxury to shop while I'm away which means everything I take has to be versatile enough so that I can rotate outfits. Not being able to shop in New York is going to be such a bummer but hey I'll be in New York.
So here are a few of the staples that are going straight into my suitcase.
- Sun Glasses. A Summer must
- Fun Jewelry - Some statement pieces can jazz up any plain outfit.
- Sun hat - Great for those lazy pool lounging days.
- Black Scarf - You never know when It could get chilly
- Comfy shoes - My last trip I spent all my time in Chuck Taylors this time round I think a pair of black ankle boots and some sandals will be more ideal as they are more versatile.
- Black Bag - The bag has to big enough to carry all my everyday junk which on a trip is usually water , a book and my camera. I tend to always carry a jacket or sweater with me even in summer as In Wellington you never know what the weather will do.
- Basic T-shirts and Tanks - Basics go with everything
- A Black Blazer or Jacket - I love my black blazers they can dress up any outfit.
- A pair of jeans - I once again would go with black as It goes with everything and shows less dirt
- A light weight Sweater - Ideally one that can fit into your handbag and can be layered under neath your blazer or jacket.
- A black skirt
- A patterned dress - A patterned dress can double as a printed skirt when teamed with a sweater or a plain tee.
- And makeup wise liquid liner and lip balm two you don't really need much else.