I leave for the states soon just under two weeks. Time to get my pack on , I personally love packing and making packing lists. This one is going to be quite tricky as I have to pack for a month and since I am on a very tight budget I don't get the luxury to shop while I'm away which means everything I take has to be versatile enough so that I can rotate outfits. Not being able to shop in New York is going to be such a bummer but hey I'll be in New York.
So here are a few of the staples that are going straight into my suitcase.
- Sun Glasses. A Summer must
- Fun Jewelry - Some statement pieces can jazz up any plain outfit.
- Sun hat - Great for those lazy pool lounging days.
- Black Scarf - You never know when It could get chilly
- Comfy shoes - My last trip I spent all my time in Chuck Taylors this time round I think a pair of black ankle boots and some sandals will be more ideal as they are more versatile.
- Black Bag - The bag has to big enough to carry all my everyday junk which on a trip is usually water , a book and my camera. I tend to always carry a jacket or sweater with me even in summer as In Wellington you never know what the weather will do.
- Basic T-shirts and Tanks - Basics go with everything
- A Black Blazer or Jacket - I love my black blazers they can dress up any outfit.
- A pair of jeans - I once again would go with black as It goes with everything and shows less dirt
- A light weight Sweater - Ideally one that can fit into your handbag and can be layered under neath your blazer or jacket.
- A black skirt
- A patterned dress - A patterned dress can double as a printed skirt when teamed with a sweater or a plain tee.
- And makeup wise liquid liner and lip balm two you don't really need much else.